Classroom Quick Tips 9/5

It's back! It's back! HAPPY DANCE!!! 
Font: Jessica Stanford
Background: I Teach? What's Your Super Power?
Frame: Tonya's Treats for Teachers
THE RULES
Link up with a quick tip that makes life in your classroom easier. There are no weekly themes or topics. The only real "rule" is that you may not link up with a paid product or unit. Our goal is to share the small nuggets of greatness that are happening every day in our classrooms! If you missed the backstory about how this party got started, click hereJean and I would also appreciate it if you linked back to our blogs and included our button in your post :)

MY CLASSROOM QUICK TIP
Do you hang things up with magnets? I DO! Do you buy the roll of magnet tape? NOT ME! I can't stand how the magnet tape doesn't lie flat. It's always curling up and falling off whatever I want to hang up. So what do I use???

Business card magnets of course!
They're a little pricey, but honestly, I can't remember how much because I bought a box just like this a few years ago and probably have another year or two left. And I don't know if they're more expensive per magnetic surface than the magnet roll, but it's SO worth it. 

Here's why:
This is my number grid. It hangs on my front board. 
Yeah, it's kind of a hot mess. I need a new one...
Can you imagine how much magnet tape I would need to hang this up??
It's actually hung up with two business card magnets! There's a tiny piece of magnet in the middle... not sure why. Maybe I didn't have a place to put it, so I just stuck it on there!

I love business card magnets because I can cut them to any size I want! Here's my Daily 5 board:
I used a total of 1.5 business card magnets to hang these up. Here's the back of one of the cards:
I just cut the magnets into long strips and hung them up. The best part? They lay flat and stick to whatever I'm hanging up like it's no one's business!

Never again will I buy a roll of magnetic tape!

What's your Classroom Quick Tip? Link up with us today!


1 comment

  1. I wish that I had more magnetic surfaces in my room! I just used up a roll of magnetic tape that I bought like 4 years ago!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I *love* reading comments!! Make sure you are a no reply blogger or leave your email address so we can stay in touch!

Back to Top