Keeping Up with the Joneses

Hi everyone. Sorry about the hiatus.

I'm going to be honest. Aside from being crazy busy at school, I've kind of been in a teacher-blogging-funk. I log into Blogger every day, see all of the other wonderful blogs that I follow, and I'm feeling a little intimidated. It seems as though most of them are promoting some kind of unit they've made for TpT or a TpT sale or a fill-in-the-blank follower giveaway, and I'm not really doing any of that. I have a teeny, tiny TpT store, but my creations aren't nearly as cute or put-together as everyone else's. I'm not really looking for pity or sympathy; I'm just being honest. I know I'm a great teacher and I work hard, so it's not a self confidence issue (clearly, LOL). I'm just feeling all this pressure to "keep up with the Joneses," but that's really not my style. I just hope that I'm giving back to the teaching community as much as everyone else is giving to me.

What I have been working on (after all my school work and house work, and spending time with my family...you know, all that free time we teachers have) is a little hat making business for kids. I love to crochet and I first got into hat making last spring. I had several friends ask me to make them hats, and with lots of encouragement from the hubs, I started up Baby Ella Millinery.
I'd love for you to visit my FB page HERE

And I promise to get back into the school blogging business soon! Have a great night!
Photobucket

5 comments

  1. I understand how you feel. I really enjoy your posts. I am am a 16 year vet but new to second grade so any new ideas are appreciated. Stay encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement! I just need to remember to do MY thing, and to not compare myself to others :)

      Delete
  2. I COMPLETELY get how you feel. I don't have anything ( yet) put on TPT, I feel as if I either modify idea's found on Pinterest or use other people's idea's a lot. I don't have a laptop, nor all the time and effort that is needed by a perfectionist like myself to write my blog posts. I probably wouldn't have even started a blog if it wasn't for us being " strongly encouraged" to have one at my school. BUT, now that I have thrown my little pity party I have to say that I truly LOVE your blog Angela. I get some GREAT idea's from you. ( Can we say 5 color rule anyone? ) PLEASE, keep posting. You may not have 1,000's of followers but you should. :)
    And I will totally be going to your store to check out your hats!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Jean! You are SO awesome, and I bet we would be GREAT friends if we knew each other in "real life" LOL! I have a TpT store too, and I've put a few free things in there, but nothing that costs money. I'm too afraid no one would buy it! Ha ha!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I *love* reading comments!! Make sure you are a no reply blogger or leave your email address so we can stay in touch!

Back to Top