Monday, December 30, 2013

Insta-Teachers, Truths, and New Blogs

So you've probably noticed that I've been a little non-existent around here lately. I have gotten better these last few weeks with my Friday Freebie, but before that... yeah....

So where have I (virtually) been?

Instagram, of course! Do you follow me? My name is @hippohoorayforsecondgrade; I'd love for you to follow me! When I post new products, I usually give my Insta-friends the heads up for a flash freebie :) 

For those of you who aren't on Instagram, here's a super fun linky party that's been going around:
Hosted by Kickin' It in Kindergarten

Here are my top 3 photos that I've posted this year:
#3: I crocheted this mermaid Halloween costume for my friend's baby:
#2 is a picture of my house. Everyone thinks it's so cute... which it is. But it's also old and old = money pit...
And this is #1. I am on my district's CCSS Math Committee, and on one of our work days, I spotted this book house in another school's library. LOVE!!!
I haven't had a chance to link up with Sunny Days' My Truth Mondays much (which I don't know why???), but I'm game for this week!
I'm not big into New Year's resolutions, but I can do "one little word."
I'm the kind of person who always has a million ideas swirling around my head. And of course, they're all great ideas ;) And I want to do them all at 120% effort. But I can't. So what happens when I can't do everything I want to do? I get overwhelmed, then start to procrastinate and waste time, and then nothing gets done. I've been trying something during winter break. Just do one big thing per day. I've been tackling closets in my house, purging toys, TPTing, etc. and guess what? Things are getting done! I'm hoping to extend this to work once I go back to school. Just one big thing per day. Or two. Who are we kidding. School is never NOT busy! Focus on that one thing, so that when I get home, I can enjoy my family instead of constantly working to catch up.

Lastly, are you looking for new blogs to read? Check out this super fun link party hosted by Simply Kinder!





11 comments:

  1. Your house is the same color as my house! We are moving in a few weeks and even though I am really excited about the new house, I'm going to be sad to leave this one. Love that little outfit you made...that's amazing!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin' it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little mermaid outfit! You are so talented! I bet your friend's baby was a hit wearing it! Happy New Year!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book house--how awesome is that! Also great baby mermaid outfit! Hope you are enjoying your winter break!
    -Your newest follower, Lovely Nina
    http://lovelylittlelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mermaid outfit is too precious! You are so talented in so many areas! I love the book house! That must really get kids reading!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we may share the same brain...the one with one million ideas running rampant at once? Right now, I'm catching up on blog reading, cutting some flower thing with my new cameo (my first cut ever), knitting a hat, and wondering how I dropped a stitch in a scarf I just realized was in my knitting bag, and has been since last winter. Yeah, focus...and that's me WITH 80mg of Straterra and 90mg of Adderall in me! Imagine me without any ADD meds:)
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your house. I hope to someday live in an old house like that! Your blog is very cute!!! I realized I am already an instafollower...now I am also a blog follower!

    The Real World First Grade

    Megan Huskins

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute Halloween costume for a baby! I too was already a follower on IG, but now a blog follower too! :)

    Here's to a great 2014!!!

    ✿ Regina
    Keepin It Krazy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some amazing crochet skills!! What an adorable costume! :)

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up! I can totally relate to your word. That mermaid costume is precious! Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you send some of that focus my way? Sometimes I have so much to do that I just do nothing! That book house is adorable...as is your house. Meant to tell you my husband is a big hockey guy too. We just built a rink in our yard.
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love responding to comments via email, so make sure you're a no-reply blogger or you leave your email address. Thanks! :)